Here’s the complete list of 10 finalists for the 2008 Delete Key Awards for the year’s worst writing in books. The passages that qualified these books for the shortlist were posted in 10 separate posts on Feb. 29, 2008 www.oneminutebookreviews.wordpress.com/2008/02/29/.
1. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
2. The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
3. Pearl Harbor: A Novel of December 8th by Newt Gingrich and William Forstchen
4. The Intellectual Devotional: Revive Your Mind, Complete Your Education, and Roam Confidently With the Cultured Class by David S. Kidder and Noah D. Oppenheim.
5. On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan
6. The Alphabet from A to Y … With Bonus Letter Z! by Steve Martin and Roz Chast
7. The Manny by Holly Peterson
8. The Almost Moon by Alice Sebold
9. A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose by Eckhart Tolle
10. Unholy Grail by D. L. Wilson
The winners will be announced on March 15, 2008.
© 2008 Janice Harayda. All rights reserved.